Mid-Year Goal Update

We're now half-way through 2012, so I wanted to go through my goals for the year to assess where I'm at...
  • Donate to Locks of Love - DONE
    • The big cut was made on March 6th, but I didn't get around to sending the hair until the end of May.  But it's DONE! :) 
Before

During

After!

  • Finish Filling the Empty Picture Frames- IN PROGRESS
    • I've printed a few photos, but still have to actually put them in the frames and still have many more to print too.  This will probably happen in the fall.  This is one picture that I will DEFINITELY be framing!
  • Continue to Make Contributions to Help People in My Community and Beyond - ALWAYS IN PROGRESS
    • I feel like 2012 has made our entire family more involved in helping out in our community and for those in need beyond our community.  We have done some special projects for families in need, both of us have been key players in starting up community-based groups within our church, and we were blessed to be able to participate in the awarding of needs-based scholarships at the University of Alabama this spring.  We've continued to get our kid involved in sharing by picking out things to donate to other kids and collecting money for a fundraiser at our church.  Totally on her own, Annabelle has already started collecting her own money and is thinking of marketing ideas for the Nana's House Walk-a-thon that will happen in the late fall.
  • Grow Spiritually - IN PROGRESS
    • I still need to work on making daily time for prayer/devotional, but have incorporated both into my life on a regular basis.  I have read a few books on spirituality (my favorite is one that I read for the 2nd time, When Christians Get It Wrong), spent many hours reading about spiritual and religious topics online, and have watched every episode of "The Naked Archeologist"!  I have become very involved at our church with regular attendance, helping out with the preschool classes, joining in on social activities, and helping with special projects.
  • Support Keith with Pastime - IN PROGRESS
    • Pastime is progressing, and I'm right there with my cheerleading outfit on (haha!). :)
  • Help Annabelle to grow in her interests - IN PROGRESS
    • Annabelle is ALMOST able to ride a bike on her own, she has done 2 triathlons, attended a triathlon clinic, and we FINALLY finished her Fairy Forest 2 weeks ago!  As soon as I can get my computer working again, I'm planning to get Rosetta Stone going and start working with her on French (she does still remember some that I've taught her in the past, and some random words that we've worked on at bedtime, and can sing a whole song in French about being a pizza--- but I can't take credit for that last one), and hopefully we'll get her doll house done by the end of the summer!
  • Help Corgan to grow as a young man - IN PROGRESS
    • Corgan and I have been on 3 lunch dates already, but I want to incorporate a few dinner dates where we get all dressed up specifically for a special night out.  He has loved our special lunch dates, and we even found some new favorite restaurants for him thanks to it.  His math skills are still growing and I found him a math camp that he already attended this summer (it was for 1st through 3rd graders, but he did great and LOVED it too)!  The independence on getting ready is still a work in progress that I'm hoping becomes a natural thing once he starts kindergarten this fall. (Side note: Since he wants to keep up with Annabelle, Corgan also did the 2 triathlons and the triathlon clinic AND he has learned to ride his bike on his own!)  We are very proud of Corgan's "can do" attitude as he tries just about everything (except for new foods) with bravery and 100% all-in!
  • Help Juliet to grow into toddlerhood - IN PROGRESS
    • My sweet little Juliet has more love comin' at her than she knows what to do with!  Even at barely a year old, she is starting to show her own personality as well as following in her big sister's footsteps in many ways.  She's so much more cuddly than the other two were, and I LOVE to soak that up!  She does 6 signs (more, all done, food, dog, light, and cat), but I can tell that she's taking in some of the others and just waiting to start using them, and I'll continue to do signs as part of regular conversation so that she can keep learning them.
  • Help my marriage to grow - IN PROGRESS
    • We have been good at our monthly dates and have found some new favorite restaurants in the process (that's all Keith though... he's good at finding new places like that).  We have been talking about plans for our "only us" trip, and it will probably happen near our anniversary in early December.  I still need to find a good book on relationships.
  • Be a "Fit" Version of Me!
    • I'll break these down one at a time...
      • "To once again break 26 minutes in a 5K race" - WORKING
        • My fastest 5K so far this year was 26:39.  This one WILL happen though!
      • Finish the Pineappleman Triathlon in 1:42 or better and to complete at least one more sprint triathlon - HALF DONE
        • I blew away my goal in the Pineappleman by finishing in 1:37:15!  I was in the top 50% of my age group!  I am signed up for the Battle of the Bridges triathlon in October and next week I start a triathlon clinic that leads up to it.  I  hope to find one more triathlon to do in the fall too.
      • Have a respectable time in a 10K race - TO DO
        • I'm having a hard time finding any 10K races... especially in the summer in Florida.  There are a few in the fall, so I'll catch one then.
      • Do something "active" an average of 4 times per week throughout the year
        • I didn't start being "active" until the spring, but after that, I definitely met this goal.  I took some time off after the triathlon too, but I'm back on track now!  I am 1 week into the TapoutXT program and I start a triathlon clinic next week, so I should be nice and "active" for the next few months!
      • Run a mile in under 7:30 - TO DO
        • My fastest recorded mile to date is about 7:50.  This WILL happen though!
  • Get through Level 1 of Rosetta Stone French - TO DO
  • Complete a "366" (not "365" since it's leap year) Photo Project for 2012 - DONE (So far)
    • My 366 project pictures are here, and I'm actually all caught up on them now!  I've had to cheat and use random pictures for a few days, but overall, I've done pretty well with at least making sure that a picture has been taken every day (and Annabelle enjoys reminding me)!
  • FINALLY complete the Media Room! - WORKING
    • I've done lots of research on audio and video equipment, purchased some furniture, have some furniture to refinish, have an inspiration board on pinterest, and have some plans in my head!  I'm REALLY hoping to finish this up this summer!


1 comment:

Sally said...

Awesome, Keri. You never cease to amaze me. Hope the year continues to go well for you. Miss you all xx