Full Speed Ahead!

Now that I'm finally mostly recovered from this cold, I'm ready to get started on both trying out P90X and starting serious training for the Health First Triathlon!

I've been anxious to get started on P90X for a while now. While I still weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with Belle, I still don't feel very toned, and that's what P90X should do for me. I'm hoping that it (along with eating really well without "dieting") will help me reach the "To maybe wear a bikini again" goal! I need to get my "before" pictures done, and am really looking forward to seeing the "after" pictures.

I have my racing bike now, but have yet to get out there and ride it. I need to take it to a bike shop to get a special tire pump, so that will be on my TO DO list early this week. Then I can try it out, but until I'm ready for that, I will be riding my cruiser bike with the kids. The triathlon is still about 12 weeks away, but I have 3 or 4 weeks of vacation planned during those 12 weeks. A friend, who was also training for a triathlon during my last one, pointed me to Hal Higdon's Sprint Triathlon training programmer for runners. This program is an 8 week training program, so having 12 weeks to do it is a good thing with my vacation schedule. While on vacation, I still plan to do some training, but doubt that I'll be able to do the full program, especially the swimming. I'm sure that if I keep the running going during those times, I won't be taking any steps backwards though.

So... here goes... full speed ahead!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Can't wait to see those after shots!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Good luck with it all! I'm sure you'll do fabulous:) Hal Higdon is wonderful! Rob and I have his marathon book :) I also really like Jeff Galloway :) Happy training :)

Kathy

Angelle said...

I am jealous! You need to be my inspiration when the time comes.