Me!

Corgan's latest thing is to yell "ME!" when he wants something. I guess it doesn't always have to be a yell, but it's replacement for saying "I want it." He might see a food he wants and point to it saying "Me!" Or I might be holding a book he wants and he'll walk up to me and say "Me." Or... like right now he'll just stand in the pantry, stepping out every few seconds to say "Me!" because there's a food in there that he wants.

When I was young, my sister used to call me "Mimi". She would never say "Keri", only "Mimi". She called me that until one day I just said "I'm not going to listen to you unless you call me Keri." From that point on, she called me "Keri". I'm not sure how old we were then, but I was old enough that I remember it, so I was probably about 5 and she was probably 3. Once I got older and actually thought about it, I always assumed that she called me that because when a kid is asked "Who wants ?", they'll respond with "Me! Me!" I wonder if Annabelle was the one who said the "Me!" thing, would Corgan call Annabelle "Mimi"? :)

On an unrelated note, I took these pictures of Corgan when trying to get a picture for his birthday party invitation. He's FINALLY at the age where I can bribe him with candy, so I got quite a few really cute ones. I don't know if it's the clothes, the shoes, the haircut, or just the fact that he's almost 2 years old, but I can't believe how grown up he looks in these pictures!

Click on the picture above to see a bigger version to really get a taste of just how freakin' adorable Corgan is! :)

3 comments:

Angelle said...

Those are super cute. Can you believe how big our babies are? They have been usurped as the most current group of babies twice over now.

Christina said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are so cute! He looks SO much like Annabelle in the middle picture!

Liz said...

Ella's paternal grandmother decided that she wanted to be called Mimi. She first chose Grammy, but when Ella was a year old she wouldn't call her Grammy - but she would say Me. So she decided to be Mimi