- I can swim .75 miles (and probably could've kept going)
- Don't buy cheap Kmart goggles and expect them to keep the water out of your eyes
- There is a sign outside of the showers in the girls' locker room that says "Please do not use hair dye in the showers". Seriously? Do people really dye their hair at the gym. It's not even a sign that's printed on a piece of paper... it's a real plastic sign that they had printed by a real sign printer!
- As boring as this season is, Big Brother 10 and the elliptical are a great combination! 22 minutes just flew by and I barely realized that I was working out. (note: that doesn't happen on the treadmill)
- I need to buy a bathing suit that I can workout in and swim in. Switching between workout clothes, a bathing suit, then back to stinky, sweaty workout clothes isn't that great. And it's a waste of valuable workout time.
- And this didn't happen tonight, but I just realized it tonight while I was on the elliptical. Yesterday for Corgan's birthday lunch we went to Uno's Pizza and Grill, and I ordered a flat bread BBQ chicken pizza for me. I only ate half of it (plus a side of steamed veggies), but it was 450 calories (and 10 WW points) for that one half. Then last night I went to work out and burned around 900 calories... that means I burned off that half of a pizza times 2!!! Not too shabby! ;)
Things I Discovered at my Gym Tonight
Tonight during and between my workouts which consisted of 20 hard minutes on the elliptical, 45 minutes of swimming, and 22 more minutes on the elliptical, I discovered a few things...