The crates are very plain, so I was thinking that I'd like to do something to make them look better. I came up with the idea of adding a crate label to the sides to make them look more authentic. Then I came up with the even better idea of creating my own Donald Barn themed crate label. And here it is...
Of course I used a real vintage crate label for the basis of my label, but I switched the location, put "Donald Barn" on the sign, and added the silhouettes of the family and pets. I think it's the cutest label for our family and I can't wait to see how it looks on the crates! :)
Since I'm talking about the house, I might as well continue. Things are moving along GREAT! The garage is all framed out all the way down to the windows and doors, and the garage attic has plywood down. This week they're working on getting the electricity rough-in and will be starting on the roof and paneling. And Monday we got the permit for the house (before we only had the permit for the garage... long story) so they got started immediately and have already started prepping the ground for the concrete. I believe they're supposed to be pouring it this week. It's so exciting to see so much activity going on!
In addition to all of this great progress, they took down the Christmas lights that have been on the barn yet haven't worked since the hurricanes in 2004! They were up too high for us to reach to take them down ourselves. I was so excited when I drove up from dropping Belle off at school and saw the cherry picker up there with the strand of lights coming down! Yea!