Corgan, not Gordon

Some random things about Corgan's name:

I've found that Gordon is the most common name that people misunderstand Corgan's name to be. Usually it's old people who think that, so I usually don't bother to correct them because then I have to explain where the name came from and who The Smashing Pumpkins are.

Thanks the "Modest Baby Corgan" video the other day, I've found another baby Corgan. His video was on there as one of the recommended videos to watch after modest Corgan's was done. Apparently we aren't the only "Corgan" fans. :)

After finding the "other Corgan" mentioned above, I googled "baby Corgan" and found a weird baby name website that has Corgan listed in it. The "weird" part is that it says that the popularity of the name Corgan is 3.265 on a scale of 0 (extremely rare) to 6 (super popular), which tells me that this name is of above average popularity. Really? Secondly, if you look at the "Names with similar statistics" that it lists, it includes names like "Ape", "Rooster", "Doubleday", and "Cowie", and "Knee". Really? Are those names of above average popularity too? :S I also thought that it was funny that Gordon was nowhere to be found on the list of "Similar sounding names to Corgan". Hmmm. Also, on this website, if you thought your results were "strange", then you can recalculate the data and now Corgan is down do 3.21 popularity. Did it really change in popularity while I was writing this blog entry?

3 comments:

Liz said...

Well Ella will never get Corgan's name wrong! Yesterday Erica and I were in the car and Erica mentioned something about Halle - which Ella then got a big smile and said Ha-Wee?! And we laughed and said yes, Halle. Later in the story Annabelle came up and Ella again gets excited and says Anna-Bo?! We reply yes, Annabelle and out of no where she goes "And Corgan?"

I just thought it was super cute that after hearing Halle and Annabelle's name she remembered Corgan and asked about him!

Chelsi said...

Ethan is 3.8 according to that website, which is surprising considering it was in the top 5 baby names of last year!

Angelle said...

My name is apparently as popular as Iced Tea. Go figure! :)