Quick Sickos Update

Keith is okay. We went to the doctor yesterday (as a bonus, we've found a new primary care physician that we like), and she said that the passing out was likely just from severe dehydration, but that there isn't anything he can do to prevent it except drinking lots of water when he feels like he's going to be sick. As of last night, Keith's appetite still wasn't back, but he isn't getting sick so that's good. He is working from home today, just in case (and to avoid spreading germs).

Annabelle threw up again yesterday. It came on all of the sudden and was ALL OVER the bathroom... everywhere but the toilet, of course. As soon as I got her cleaned up, she seemed to feel 100 times better. She still wouldn't eat anything solid yesterday (except for a couple of cookies), but we managed to get some Pedialyte in her. She had another HORRIBLE diaper when she woke up from her nap, but I'm hoping that'll end soon since she actually ate some bread and waffle this morning. She's still on Pedialyte too until she's all better. The cold is still kicking her butt, but she's hangin' in there. This morning she was complaining that "pee pee hurt" too, I hope to God that she isn't getting a UTI from all of the poop being in her diaper! She's been off of the antibiotics for UTI for a couple of months, but I might need to put her back on them for the week. She did have a mild fever yesterday too, but I haven't checked her temp yet today since she was saying "tummy hurt" and I don't want to be showered in poop trying to take her temp. She feels warm, but not too hot.

I still feel better, but worn out. Been doing LOTS of laundry on "hot" to kill all of the crap on our clothes, blankets, stuffed animals, etc. I have a sore throat now, but that's not unusual for me when there's a weather change... just something I have to bear for a few days and it's usually gone. With how careful we're all being about not eating after eachother or getting too close, I'm not worried about passing the red throat on.

Corgan is still doing great. :) Erica came over yesterday and watched him (literally "watched" him... she said he hung out and slept in the swing the whole time :)), while the other 3 Donalds went to the doctor. Annabelle wasn't very happy about our "bye bye" outting being to a doctor's office, and she screamed everytime someone new entered the exam room, but the 12 stickers and 2 lollipops that the nurse brought her seemed to help a bit. I'm so glad that we didn't have to bring Corgan too though... makes things so much easier traveling (especially on fun trips like that) with less kids. THANK YOU ERICA!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Glad to hear it was dehydration and nothing more. And glad everyone seems to be feeling a little better. I remember when my house was in that state, and it was NOT FUN. Sorry you guys are going through this right now. Hope everyone keeps some food down today!

Erica Lynn said...

I'm glad I could help .. watching Corgan swing for 2 hours was really really easy :) I'll baby sit him anytime!

Angelle said...

I think i got sick just reading your blog. - Mike

Kelly Albert said...

HOLY COW!! (to the tune of the song) Old McDonald had a cold, yucky yucky yuck- he gave it his donkey wife and daughter chicken, yucky yucky yuck, with a puke puke here and a puke puke there haha! Glad the "family farm" is feeling better again! Just in time too! See you Friday- XOXO.