From Bad to Worse

Just a few minutes after finishing my last blog entry, Sickos, I heard Keith getting out of bed to rush to the bathroom again, then a couple of minutes later I heard a huge THUD! I didn't have a good feeling about that at all, so I ran to the bathroom and of course he had locked the door. I called Keith's name and got no response. Fortunately the "key" to unlock the door was above the door frame so I was able to quickly unlock the door and get in. When I opened the door, I found Keith semi-curled up on the floor lying totally still. I went to get him up, but when I pulled at his arm to help him up, I noticed that his arm muscle was totally flexed. I rolled him over to his back and was terrified at what I saw. His eyes were wide open, but he wasn't responsive at all, he had vomit all over him, and his other arm was curled in toward his chest. His whole body was tensed up. Although it seemed like an eternity, a few seconds after I turned him over, he came to again. His leg was sore and he had no idea how long he'd been there.

The rest of the night, Keith continued to feel horrible and he was up and down all night. Finally around 4 am, the severe pain subsided. He still doesn't feel great, but at least the worst is over. He's going to see a doctor today since he passed out. This isn't the first time he's passed out from vomiting.

Corgan still hasn't shown any signs of the bug that we all had. I'm hoping that he's too young to get it because I know we'd be in the emergency room with him if he got it. Annabelle's bug seems to be gone, even though she's still pretty much just drinking milk. Her cold is still pretty bad, but we can live with that. So far I haven't gotten the cold (knock on wood... not just touch it), and Corgan seems to be getting a little stuffy, but not too bad. Corgan was up quite a bit last night, but since I was up anyway, it wasn't a big deal. I'm sure it was a combination of the commotion, the room being warmer than normal (Keith had chills so I was trying to keep the room warm), and just sensing that something was wrong. Plus, even though I made sure to drink as much water as possible, I'm sure that between being dehydrated and basically not eating for a day, my milk wasn't enough to last him very long.

Hopefully the worst is behind all of us, and we're all on the road to recovery!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Keri, I'm so sorry for sending him back to the US in such a state! Seriously though, it sounds like you've had a real time of it and I hope the worst really is over. I don't think touching or even knocking on the wood will suffice this time - whack it with both your fists in the hope you don't get the cold!

Lots of love xx

Anonymous said...

yikes! u definately need to have keith checked out if he pased out from vomitting. hope everyone feels better soon! nicole

Anonymous said...

Hope Keith gets to the doctor today...how scary! Feel better soon

Kathy

Nikki said...

Hope you're all feeling better soon.. and fingers crossed that Corgan stays healthy!