Sickos

This weekend has NOT been a good one health-wise for the Donald family...

It all started when Keith came home from his trip to the UK with a wicked cold, and by wicked, I mean NASTY! Between the jet lag and the cold, he was down for the count. Saturday morning he was doing a bit better, but still didn't want to get out of bed. Then Saturday afternoon he went out to get Chik-fil-A for lunch, and the fun really started...

After eating my chicken sandwich, I started feeling yuck. It wasn't a cold though, it was a sour stomach. I figured the sandwich was just extra greasy or the lemonade was too sweet/sour for me, so I headed out to shop for a Christmas tree with Corgan while Keith stayed home with a napping Annabelle. After a couple of hours of shopping, I had to rush home because I was NOT feeling well. I started feeling queasy and clammy so I got home, went up the stairs, and went straight to bed. A couple of hours later, Keith came in the bedroom with Annabelle in toe and said "Annabelle said her tummy hurts." As soon as he got those words out, Annabelle collapsed on the floor and puked. Of course she started crying, so I jumped up to go clean her up while Keith had the fun job of cleaning the puke. Right after I got her soiled shirt off and wiped her clean, I found myself crawling to the toilet to make my donation. That was the first time I've thrown up due to an illness since I was a kid! I actually felt much better for a little while, then it started all over again. We all went to bed sorta-early in hopes that it would make us all well again. Corgan even helped out by sleeping from 9pm to 3pm, was up for a quick feeding, then back to sleep until 7:30pm.

This morning Annabelle woke up with a horribly stuffy nose, red eyes, and a pitiful face. In addition to whatever bug her and I had, she got Daddy's cold too! Poor baby was crabby all day because she couldn't breathe, didn't want to eat, and her "tummy hurt". :( She had 2 horribly messy diapers and I struggled to get to her drink milk all day (it was the only thing she'd take in... she even turned her nose up at Jello). Finally, after 2 naps (one quick one that was not-so-good and a second good nap after she kept saying "nite-nite"), she seems to feel much better. She still wouldn't eat tonight and her face is still all snotty, but she was finally smiling again.

After being achy all day and not being able to stomach the thought of eating anything but Jello, I finally was able to eat a little dinner. Keith has been great taking care of all of us despite his stuffy head, and Corgan did his part by taking a 5 hour (yes, FIVE hour!) nap in his swing this afternoon. But now it seems that the bug has gotten to Keith. He spent some time "praying to the porcelain god" tonight. Corgan hasn't shown any signs of either the bug or the cold so hopefully whatever this is has run its course in our family and we'll all be perfectly healthy when we wake up tomorrow!

2 comments:

Scott and Dalana Zech said...

That sounds miserable. I hope you all feel better soon.

Christina said...

Oh my gosh what a nightmare. I hope you all feel better!