Party in the Labor Room

Kelson still isn't here, but it sounds like Kelly's had an eventful day so far... :)

Around 9:00 this morning, I got a call from one of my friends in Alabama, Alison. She always starts her stories with "So I was drivin' down the road..." and this time she actually was. She was driving to Birmingham and listening to the radio and heard my sister on the radio talking about being in the hospital getting ready to have a baby! My sister's husband's band, Heartland, just released their newest single so the group was supposed to be at a local radio station for an interview. Of course, they asked where Jason was and they ended up on the phone with him from the hospital. The fact that he's having a little girl coupled with the whole "I Loved Her First" song peaks everyone's interest in the baby, so Kelly ended up on the phone too! How's that for letting the world know that your baby is on her way!?! :)

Just a little while ago, I called to see how things were going and it sounded like there was a party going on in the labor room. Kelly got her first dose of drugs (they're starting with Nuvain to keep from slowing things down) and apparently she's REALLY enjoying the drugs. She was laughing hysterically and apparently she's been doing that for a while! :) Of course, her laugh is contagious so everyone else is laughing too! Jason said that the nurse even came in to check on her because all of the laughing is throwing the machines out of whack and they thought she was having a seizure or something! :D Wow... I bet every woman wishes she could enjoy labor that much! Only my sister... always the life of the party!

So, anyway, still no Kelson, but it sounds like things are going good! Yea!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow, what an awesome way to bring a baby into the world! Can't wait to hear the rest of the good news! :)

Angelle said...

I'm telling you, that Nubain is something else. It does make you LOTS of fun. Yay for Kelson!