Baby Donald 3.0's name will be...

Paris Melbourne Donald!

Earlier this week, Annabelle and I were at the store and saw a picture of Paris. She said "I love Paris!" and I said "I do too!" Then she said, "Why don't we name our baby Paris?" I was surprised to hear her mention anything but Aurora for this baby's name. I laughed about it at the time, but later on when I was telling Keith about the conversation his response was "I kinda like that name too." I thought about it for a second, and realized that I did too. I really like using the names of cities for names ("Aurora, Missouri" is the name of the town that my grandmother lived in for most of her life, and that's where my love for the name "Aurora" came from), and although I briefly thought of the names "Rome" or "Roman" for a boy, for some reason "Paris" for a girl never crossed my mind.

So... since we've been at such a stand-still deciding between the names "Aurora" and "Juliet" for Baby Donald 3.0, and we all LOVE the name "Paris", we've decided to go with that! It's a city that we really love (and even hope to make our residence there one summer), and the fact that the most famous "Paris" has blonde hair (like our Paris most likely will as well... but hopefully our Paris will be MUCH smarter!) makes it even easier to visualize her with that name. :) Oh yeah... and with my mind always on decorating, just think of all of the free "Personalized" things I'll be able to find with her name on it! :)

And "Melbourne"... that, of course, also goes with the whole city thing. Back when I first thought about naming a little girl (like 10+ years ago, just after moving to Melbourne), the three names that I loved were "Aurora" (my grandmother's city, as mentioned above), "Madison" (the city where I went to middle school and high school in Alabama), and Melbourne (my Florida grown-up home). My love for "Aurora" never faded, but "Madison" became too popular by the time that Annabelle was born and I just felt like naming my kid the same name as the city that she lives in would be a bit weird so I didn't give Melbourne another thought. But, then, once we started seriously talking about "Paris" and I had to get used to the idea that I'd never have my "Aurora", I thought... "Melbourne" could work as a middle name! Since it's another city that really means a lot to our family (it's the city where we fell in love, married, all of our children were and will be born, and we'll most likely be raising our family here for quite a while), Keith went for it too! Soooo...

There you have it! In late June or early July, we expect to welcome "Paris Melbourne Donald" into the world!

1 comment:

Mary Loyal said...

How wonderful! I didn't know you blogged- can't wait to follow!!