Green Thumb Crafting

Over a year ago when I was looking for decor idea for the barn-themed playroom, I ran across these tomato bean bags. I absolutely LOVED them, but couldn't imagine spending $240 + shipping on one, especially knowing that I would have to get at least two to avoid many fights! I quickly decided that I could totally do something like that on my own, but for MUCH cheaper. So I did...

These plain red bean bags normally sell for $20 each at Target, but since I started looking for them well over a year ago, I managed to snag 3 of them on sale for $15 each. :) I bought green fleece fabric, some batting, did some cutting, used some spray glue, spread a little fabric glue, and voila! For about $50 and some change, I have 3 of these adorable "tomatoes on steroids" bean bags for our barn playroom! They're super comfortable, were relatively easy to make (no-sew is always a bonus for me, since I don't know how to sew), very functional, and perfect!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Perfect!

Scott and Dalana Zech said...

Once again adorable..Can't wait to see a picture of the room when it is done.