Cleaning My Bum

One of the "luxuries" that I had planned for our master bathroom was a bidet (I'm sure any European reading this is laughing at me for calling that a luxury). When we were in Europe, I really liked having one. I had that in the design for our addition long before I started on my green kick, so imagine my surprise today when I start doing research for "eco bidet" to find an eco-friendly bidet and I find out that just the bidet in itself it eco-friendly. It eliminates or at least reduces the need for toilet paper. I don't know why I didn't realize that before. Anyway... so I'm reading about this and find something called the "Washlet" that is apparently all the rage in Japan and Venezuela. So, I hop on over to the washlet website and could not stop laughing (again... Europeans probably laughing at me for laughing at this). The intro is hilarious! The actors each giving their little talk about their section is pretty funny too because they are so incredibly excited about this toilet seat/bidet. However, they totally sold me and I think I'm going to get a washlet for our master bathroom instead of a bidet. They aren't cheap, but once you look at the cost of a bidet, the hardware, and the installation, it's probably about half the cost. Plus, it's green!

And on an unrelated note... our a/c was blowing warm air last night (of course during the hottest day of the year so far!) so I checked the condensate pan and it was full. We had to turn the a/c off so the pan didn't overflow (apparently the auto-shutoff isn't working). I did a little research and found that the problem was probably a clog in the drain and I could possibly fix that with my wet/dry vac. It was already dark and I wasn't going to go crawling around the drain pipe in the dark (especially since I've seen snakes there numerous times), but in the morning I got my wet/dry vac out and VOILA! A/C is fixed! Go me! (I seem to be saying that a lot lately.)

3 comments:

Angelle said...

You have to let me try your Washlet when you get it. I just looked at the website and it sounds awesome! :)

Nicole4FLDU said...

You need to flush your AC drain pipe with bleach at least once a month to clean out the drain pipes. Just a suggestion...

megAstar said...

Bidets and 'washlets' frighten me. I'm sure you get used to it, but it's still weird to me!
Don't fret about Scrubs- it's coming back for one more season, just going to be on ABC instead of NBC. Hooray!