In a Good Place

I am FINALLY at the point where I am starting to feel pretty again! I still have at least 10 pounds that I'd like to lose, but when I have the right clothes on, I no longer feel like a big fatty. I even feel comfortable in a bathing suit again... a one-piece, but a bathing suit nonetheless. With the exception of a few pieces of clothing that are fashionable the way they are, I have put away (or loaned out) most of my maternity clothes and plan to put the rest away as soon as I can find the time. As long as I have my neck stretched the right way, I even feel comfortable in front of the camera again too.

Corgan was unexpected, and when I first found out that I was pregnant with Corgan, one of the things that contributed to what I believe was pre-partum depression (albeit one of the more minor things) was that I had just gotten to the point where I felt pretty again (even though I still had 5 pounds before getting to my pre-Belle weight) and I knew that I would soon be ballooning up again. Between being pregnant with Annabelle, breastfeeding her, then overlapping breastfeeding her with being pregnant with Corgan, and now breastfeeding Corgan, I haven't had my own body for nearly 3 years now and I'm really feeling anxious to get it back. This "pretty" comfortableness is just the first step. The second step was probably my mini-shopping spree the other day where most of the clothes that I bought were size Large (not the XL that I've been wearing) and they were actually in style (as opposed to most of the clothes that I've been wearing from 3 years ago). I've been trying to eat better (though I can still do much better at that) and to work exercise into my regular routine (I've been pretty good about riding my bike with the kids), but I know that I still need to do more to kick my butt into gear and back into my old jeans. I looked into a workout bootcamp a couple of months ago and am really ready to get started with it now, but, of course, the camp near me is on hold for a little while (because the trainer is out for maternity leave... ironic; huh?). :)

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Congrats! What a great feeling! And so rewarding when you get to buy new clothes in a smaller size and enjoy the way they look on you. Can't wait to be there myself in eight months or so! :)

Erica Lynn said...

Good post .. today I made the big jump to filling my fridge with healthy snacks and trying to make an effort to make better food choices ..

Let me know when that boot camp starts up again .. i might be able to join you by then :)

ljkolumbus said...

I know that running after two active little ones will help you stay that way for a while :) Especially since you are biking them around! Keep up the good work and now is a good time to teach them about good foods vs fast foods :0 Glad you are 'feeling good' about yourself again! That is always a good feeling!

Kelly Albert said...

I'm so proud of you! I know it was hard jumping from one pregnancy to another and you have handled it VERY well. Its great to have that confidence back. I'm glad that were both in the "getting in shape" mode so when I come down there we can do a lot of activities with the kids. Maybe well get to be in shape TOGETHER for once in a long time!:) Congrats! Love you! Keep it up. I have a long way to go!
PS- Stay away from the #4 combo with onion rings- hehe!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's a great feeling and very hard to do when you have little ones! Good Luck!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah..and to add to the other comment...it is a great time to teach the kids about eating healthy. I wish I had started sooner with my 2 but...Brody and Shelby rarely have fast food and now eat lots of fruit veggies and prefer healthy foods over junk these days :) Good luck again!

Kathy

Angelle said...

I wanted to comment on this before, but, ya know, life. I remember that feeling so clearly between Leah and Erin. It was awesome. I am so happy for you. I am not there yet but I will be right there working on it with you. I would join you at that boot camp if I could!