I'm Mad as Hell...

As of my last movie date with Chelsi last Thursday, I can say that I’ve seen #66 on the list of AFI’s 100 Best Movies (1998 version)- Network. I have to admit, I was getting pretty lost on the plot in this movie. Going into the movie, I didn’t know anything about it, so I didn’t have any clues to go on either. About half way through the movie, it lost my attention, but I kept watching it so that I could check it off of the list. I can now at least say that I’ve seen it, I understand the cultural significance of it (thank you wikipedia), and I know what the famous line is all about. I can appreciate this movie from a cultural significance point of view, but I can’t say that it’s a movie that I ever care to see again.
One thing that I commented on a few times during the movie was that aside from the televisions, the setting could definitely be seen in a movie set in modern day. The furniture, buildings, colors, and everything is definitely being recycled in modern decor and architecture.
One final thing… I was quite surprised at how sexy Faye Dunaway was. Seeing her boobies scared me a little, but it didn’t scar me too bad.
(Note: In case you haven’t seen Network, the title of this entry is the beginning of the famous quote which is a big part of this movie’s cultural significance.)

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

I'm so glad we don't have to write up a book report about this one - HA! At least we learned where the famous line comes from :) And, it was cool that both boys decided to takes their naps during a lot of it :) - Chelsi