Cesarean Section Fun

Before Corgan was born, I wanted to watch a video of a c-section to see exactly what happens, but I was afraid to watch it before his birth for fear of picturing what they were doing in my head while I was getting my c-section. Today I finally watched one on youtube.

At first I was totally grossed out by the cutting and blood (the fact that I was eating my breakfast while I watched didn't help), but I quickly got used to it. That was the craziest thing ever! Wow! Now I know why I felt all of that tugging. It's crazy how they handle the baby when taking it out too (around 14:30 on the linked video). At one point the baby's head is the only thing still inside and the doctor isn't even holding the flopping body! There were some interesting facts that they mentioned during the video too, like that c-sections are the most common procedure now and that many doctors allow elective c-sections now. I was especially interested to see both what it looks like when the baby comes out (and now I know why Corgan didn't cry right away) and how many layers they go through and how they close the internal cuts back up. I know... I'm demented, but I was curious. And now, through the magic of the internet (thank you Al Gore), I have seen a c-section close up! :)

On a funny note... Annabelle watched the video with me, and had some pretty funny comments. She said "Baby is messy" when the baby first came out. Also when they started wiping down the baby, she started singing the "Clean it up, clean it up" song from Yo Gabba Gabba that we always sing when we're cleaning.

Ahhhh... the miracle of life and medicine. :)

1 comment:

Erica Lynn said...

ah man.. now I have clean it up in my head .. thanks belle :P