Tastes of Melbourne

Tomorrow Jen is taking us all out to lunch to this Mediterranean place that's supposed to be really good. I'm excited to try some new cuisine. I hear Kyle and Chelsi are joining us, too, cool... So this got me thinking... in general, I find my list of dining options in Melbourne to be a rather short, somewhat boring one. Now this is probably a result of me not looking and going out of my comfort zone--there are probably lots of interesting restaurants here I have not yet discovered... Whenever I go to a big city like D.C. or Chicago one of the best things is looking for little hole-in-the-wall places to eat (or following around my colleagues who do this). I always eat Ethiopian when I go to Reston, and there is a good Vietnamese place near where we usually stay, too, for example. My colleague Colin insists upon South Indian cuisine wherever we go (and promptly walks out of places only offering North Indian :-) So what are some of your best places to dine out here or anywhere besides Burger King?

1 comment:

Kyle said...

DC is one of my favorite food places - The ones that make my short list are the Old Dominion Brewery, Five Guys, Hard Times, Zeds and Jimmies Old Town Tavern. I could probably go on for a few more paragraphs. As far as Melbourne goes - Robertos for Cuban, Da Kines for Burritos and Coasters for beer (the food is great too, but first things first) :)