Halloween Festivities

First of all... Happy Halloween!

We began celebrating this year's halloween season last Friday with a trip up to Cocoa Village for the Pumpkins in the Park 5K. Neither one of us ran the actual race, but we went to cheer on our friends who ran it and check out the festivities. Annabelle got to run in her first race, the Pumpkins in the Park fun run, which was about .1 miles, but was super cute with all of the kids running with their parents. I'm not sure that Annabelle really knew what was going on, but it was really cute anyway. I'm sure she'll be a super runner just like her parents. Heck, she's probably faster than me already!

Saturday our "Old Mac Donald clan" went to Hope's Halloween Haunt, which is a party hosted by my friend Hope. I've attended her party every year since I moved to Melbourne, and this is the first year that I have not helped out with the preparations for the party in any way. Before having kids, I would plan my weekends before the party around decorating for Hope's party, but I guess my priorities have gone in a different direction (that and the party has become much more kid-friendly since Hope has a kid too, so the scary decorations aren't as much of a priority now). Anyway, we kept with the barn/farm theme this year for our family costumes. Keith was "Old Mac Donald", I was a donkey, Annabelle was a chicken, and Corgan was a cow. It took some convincing (actually threatening) to get Annabelle to wear her costume. I was afraid she wouldn't wear it, so I had a backup farm girl costume, but I really wanted her to be a chicken. I had to threaten that we were all going bye-bye to play without her and she could only come if she wore the costume. She was finally convinced and even let me paint an orange beak on her face. :) The kids were really good at the party and hung in there until nearly midnight. Corgan slept most of the time, but Annabelle ran around (literally) and entertained herself and others. Her favorite thing was a spider area that Hope had setup for the kids. She LOVES spiders now that she knows the "Insy Winsy Spider" song, so she kept wanting to go to the spider area to sing the song.

Monday I drug the kids out to a pumpkin patch for some pictures. Annabelle is all excited about pumpkins now too (there's one in her "Lovebug" book and once she started noticing them all over for Halloween, she got excited about the "pumpies" as she calls them). I had been planning to take them on Monday so I told Annabelle about it the night before. All day Monday she kept asking about going to see the pumpkins, but the weather was horrible (super windy and raining on and off all day) so I kept delaying it. Finally, I decided to just go... so we went. I didn't really get many pictures of the kids together at the patch, but I did end up with some cute pictures of Annabelle examining the various pumpkins and playing her game of stepping over the pumpkins. Unfortunately, I waited until too late in the day to go so after hanging around there for a little while, Annabelle got really grumpy and threw a tamtrum so I ended up dragging her (almost literally) to the car while the pumpkin patch ladies watched Corgan for me. She screamed as we drove off, but about 2 minutes into the drive home I looked back and she was asleep. Since I didn't really get any good pictures of Corgan, the smashing pumpkin, out at the pumpkin patch, I took advantage of Annabelle's napping after we got home to get some cute pictures of Corgan too.

Tomorrow we're planning to go trick-or-treating with Halle in her neighborhood. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I'm sure the girls will be so cute running around with their trick-or-treat buckets!

Pictures of our Halloween so far are posted on our photo gallery from the Pumpkins in the Park Fun Run to the pictures of Corgan- Our Smashing Pumpkin. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Scott and Dalana Zech said...

I think it's so cute how you seem to always do things with the barn theme.