Temper, Temper

Our little angel (haha) showed her first signs of a temper tantrum yesterday. We took a family bike ride over to the Konickis' to join them on a family bike ride. On the way home, Annabelle started getting antsy, so I told her we'd stop at the swings and slide (at a park at about the half way point on our way home). We did stop as promised, and played for about 10 minutes. It was starting to get dark and I didn't want to ride on the main roads at dusk, so we told Annabelle it was time to go. She tried to escape, and cried like we had hurt her! She kept crying and trying to keep us from putting the bike helmet on her head. The tears and yells continued for a few more minutes as we headed home on the bikes, but fortunately, it didn't last too long. :) With how strong-willed Annabelle is, I know there are many temper tantrums in our future! Que Sera, Sera! :)

Today was a big day for Daddy... he took Annabelle out in public on his own for the first time. He's been alone with her in public many times before (he walked through London and rode through the London subways into another city with Belle in a bjorn all by himself for goodness sake!), but he has never had to go out and accomplish a task with Annabelle all by himself before. So, today he packed up Annabelle and headed to the grocery store for some real grocery shopping... just Daddy and Bellee! :) He said she did really well (sounds like she was better than she usually is for me!), and they both arrived home safe and sound with arms full of groceries so the trip was a resounding success! I may just have to send Keith out with Bellee more often! Haha!

While Belle and Daddy went shopping, I finished watching The Godfather, number 3 on AFIs 100 Best Movies list. I started watching it this morning while Belle took her nap, and finished while they shopped. Of course, again I wikipediaed the movie before watching it, and I think that was a lifesaver for me! When it comes to movies, I have a bad shortterm memory, so I can read the whole summary of the movie, and still don't remember it when I go to watch the movie until something happens then I'm like "Oh yeah... I remember reading about that." In this particular movie, I would've been lost without those "Oh yeah" moments! Plus, since I read wikipedia I knew to look for things of literary significance like the symbolic use of oranges. That always makes stories more interesting. I have to admit, The Godfather was one of the movies on the AFI list that I was least looking forward to watching, but I am very glad that I did, both for pop culture reasons and because it was just a good movie. :) Now, I'm one movie closer to crossing "watch the AFI 100 best movies" off my life goals list. :)

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

That's cool that you guys do so much family bike riding - my parents used to ride all over the place with me as a kid and I'd usually fall asleep during the rides :) Uh oh - it's temper tantrum time already - I thought that was during the "terrible two's"???

Good for you for keeping up with your AFI goal. We'll have to do an AFI movie-thon one day! I still have lots left on my list!!