Torn Between Two Lovers

No... I'm not talking about Keith and TiVo. The two "lovers" are sleep and travel.

I haven't mentioned this earlier because I didn't want to jinx it, but Annabelle has been sleeping MUCH better the last few nights, and she even "slept through the night" last night for the 3rd time ever! I have been letting her cry when she wakes in the middle of the night and only going in to intervene when it's near morning. The first night it took about 20-25 mins to cry back to sleep, the next a little less, and less, until last night when she went to sleep around 9:15pm and didn't wake up until 6:45am! This new sleeping pattern comes just as we're about to travel for nearly 3 weeks, which I'm sure will totally screw up the sleeping again. Not only will Annabelle not be sleeping in her regular environment, but we'll be traveling between multiple time zones, including one that is 6 hours different from the one that we live in! So, I guess of the two "lovers" traveling will win out and there will be "miles to go before I sleep". (major points for anyone who can identify that reference without googling for it)

Annabelle had her follow up today, but it was just to get a fresh "sample" to make sure that she's all better. Once we get the results from that saying that she's all clear, they'll plan on doing more tests when we get back from Italy. If, for some reason, she isn't all clear (I REALLY don't think that'll be the case), then they'll have to try a new antibiotic because that will mean that the infection was resistant to the first antibiotic.

I bought a baby food grinder to take with us on our trip (and to use at home too), and I tried it out for the first time tonight. We had grill-broiled chicken and baked potatos for dinner tonight, and Belle did too! :) She did pretty good with it. It was very non-runny, so I guess the issue that she was having with the Stage 3 food was just a general gagging at the time??? Who knows? Anyway, last night she also had our "big people food" for dinner, but it was broccoli rice-a-roni so it didn't need to go through the grinder. We pulled the high chair up to the table so that she was eating on the table with us, and I let her feed herself big handfuls of the rice. It was messy, but fun to watch and I'm sure she enjoyed it too.

Annabelle has been side-stepping on things lately. She's all over the place and SO fast! My parents have been here visiting (and babysitting!!!) the last couple of days, so I'm getting a bit of a break from chasing Bellee all over! After 10 days straight of being in the lone "chaser", I definitely needed a break! Keith has been playing with her too, and is SO happy to be home to see her again. She's definitely getting plenty of attention now. :)

Pictures of Belle with crazy hair after her bath, doing the side-step, and eating with the big people have been posted on our photo gallery.

P.S. Congratulations to my friends who did awesome in the triathalon this weekend: Jason & Nikki Konicki, Chelsi & Kyle Cacciatore, and Jen Hickey!

P.P.S. Watch for Nikki on Montel today!

2 comments:

Angelle said...

Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost (only my favorite poet ever!).

Yay for big people food. It is so fun to watch them eat what you eat, and so much easier when you don't have to tote so many baby food jars. That was the point when my diaper bag was the biggest, the baby food jar stage.

I am currently watching Nikki's Montel episode. They are not on yet.

Good luck with the travel. You guys are so lucky that you get so many European experiences. Belle will be a well-traveled little girl!

Keri Donald said...

Good job Angelle! I owe you a Coke! BTW, he was one of my favs too... I did quite a few papers on him in high school and in college.