Moving On

Annabelle is crawling all over now! It's been about a week and a half since she first showed signs of being able to crawl, and now she's really got the hang of it. I'm sure she'll just get faster though! We still don't have our baby gate up (it's actually in Brevard County at FedEx now, but the weather has delayed it), but we should soon. We're keeping a close eye on her anyway, so I'm sure she'll be fine.

In addition to this new crawling thing, Belle's pulling herself up on EVERYTHING now! She is easily able to pull herself up onto her knees and has even pulled herself up to standing a couple of times. She still doesn't have the balance to stand alone, even with holding on to something (I think she doesn't realize that she can't let go of her support) so she falls whenever she stands. For that reason, we have to really watch her to make sure she isn't near anything that she can hurt herself on when she falls. She also will try to crawl onto our laps, or at least crawl up enough to end up sitting on her knees.

Annabelle is also able to push herself up to sitting. She's only done this a few times over the past few days, but like the crawling, I'm sure she'll get the hang of it quickly. Tonight I put her into bed and she cried long enough that I needed to go in and check on her. When I got in there she was sitting up screaming her head off! It was so cute! :) For some reason, crying when she's sitting up is so cute... for now anyway. :)

Anyway, here's a cutie video that I took today of her crawling to me then pulling herself up to sitting on her knees (You can also get this video in better quality podcasted from her website). Enjoy!

No comments: