Now, I'm back on track with the losin' again, but this time I'm doing it the right way for me. I started the week back up at 163, and I'm on my way to losing 2 lbs this week. I'm ready to lose the rest of my weight slow and steady so that it doesn't come right back as soon as I try to start maintaining.
Also, I did manage to get on the tanita to do my body composition analysis last Wednesday. My scale at home said I was up to 161 by then, but according to the tanita, I was at 159. My improvements put a HUGE smile on my face, and the trainer was pretty happy for me too. Over the 2 months from the first time that I took the measurements to 1 week ago (10/09/08, to be exact), here are the results:
- Weight: 176.5 lbs to 159.0 lbs!
- BMI: 27.6 to 24.9 (below 25 is "normal weight" for my height of 5' 7")
- Fat %: 36.7 to 29.7 (using "standard" body type)
- Fat Mass: 65 lbs to 47 lbs (18 lbs! More than the 17.5 lbs that I lost total!)
- Fat Free Mass: 111.5 lbs to 112.0 lbs (gained .5 lbs in muscle, but that doesn't include the fat that I lost that turned into muscle too. A month before, my FFM was down to 109 lbs. so I've gained at least 3 lbs of muscle in just one month!)
- Total Body Water: 46% to 51.5% (This stat is used to make sure that you're staying properly hydrated and that your numbers aren't off due to dehydration. My target hydration levels are 45% - 60% so while I was still within range in the beginning, I was at the lower end, but at the end I was perfectly in the middle!)